Lapis Lazuli is one of the most beautiful and powerful semi-precious gemstones found in Nature. The word Lapis is derived from a Latin word which means ‘stone’ and Lazuli is derived from Medieval Latin word lazulum, which again was taken from the Arabic word lazaward, and the Arabs took this word from the Persian wordlājevard, which refers to the name of the stone in Persian. This is also a place where the spectacular Lapis Lazuli was mined. There are many online stores from where you can buy Lapis Lazuli but before investing in the gem verify the details of the dealer and the authenticity of the gem offered.
History of Lapis Lazuli
In the mines ofBadakhshan province in northeast Afghanistan and in Shortugai in the Sar-i Sang mines the Lapis Lazuli was mined in the 7th millennium BCE. In the Indus Valley Civilisation around 3300 to 1900 BC, at the Neolithic burials in MehrgarhLapis Lazuli gemstones were found. Lapis beads have been found at, the Caucasus, and even as far from Afghanistan as Mauritania. It was used in the funeral mask ofTutankhamun (1341–1323 BCE). Toward the finish of the Middle Ages, lapis lazuli started to be sent out to Europe, where it was ground into powder and made into ultramarine: the best and most costly of every blue shade. It was utilized by probably the most significant specialists of the Renaissance and Baroque, including Masaccio, Perugino, Titian and Vermeer, and was frequently saved for the dress of the focal figures of their compositions, particularly the Virgin Mary.
Advantages of Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli is likewise known for its sparkle and it is also utilized for polishing boxes, containers and gems. Other than this the Lapis Lazuli was also used as eyeshade by ladies in the olden days and it was even used for engravings popular messages on Gemstones.
- When worn as a stone, ring, pendant or armlet, Lapis lazuli Gemstones gives great articulation and correspondence to wearer.
- People who are normally forceful should wear the Lapis lazuli Stone.
- It diminishes frailty and nervousness.
- It’s helpful to the eyes and vocal harmonies.
- Lapis Lazuli is valuable to the throat, larynx, and vocal harmonies, and controls the endocrine and thyroid organs
- Lapis Lazuli upgrades course and improves heart mood.
- It lessens vertigo and brings down circulatory strain, and is thought to reduce sleep deprivation.
- Relieve overflowing or septic sties, and other eye diseases, by scouring the zone with a bit of Lapis warmed in warm water. Once cooled, the water would then be able to be utilized for an eye shower. A Lapis warmed in daylight, decreases wounding and is useful for skin issues and creepy crawly nibbles.
- Lapis Lazuli is a precious stone of truth in all angles. It uncovers inward truth, and advances mindfulness and the acknowledgment of that information.
Meditating with Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli is a visionary stone, acquiring data to the mind pictures as opposed to words. It tends to be an impetus for higher mindfulness, and frequently helps those with previous existence associations with antiquated civic establishments – Atlantis, Egypt, Peru, Sumeria and India, among others. Pondering with this stone can help with recuperating recollections of previous existences, help recover lost information from those human advancements, and motivate development in the present manifestation.